- 1 YEAR
- LEVEL 3
- COURSE CERTIFICATE
- 5 HOURS, 14 MINUTES
Crimes and misconduct are unfortunate aspects of human societies, which is why the field of Criminology has emerged to explore and explain the motives, causes, and methods of dealing with different crimes. The Criminology & Profiling Course aims to provide an introduction to Criminology and the world of crime, enabling learners to understand various types of crimes.
Throughout this course, you will delve into different aspects of criminal science. Topics covered include crime scenes, criminal psychology, forensic science, and the phases of profiling. You will gain a solid understanding of criminal and offender profiling, as well as victimology. Additionally, you will learn about the criminal justice system in England and Wales.
Designed by expert professionals in the field, this online course offers engaging audio-visual content to provide the best learning experience. At the end of the course, you can assess your knowledge by taking the assessment test. Upon successful completion, you will receive an accredited certificate that showcases your skills and enables you to embark on a career in relevant fields.
- Instant e-certificate
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Who should take the course
This course is ideal for anyone who has interest in learning about criminology and profiling and wants to make a career in the relevant fields, which includes:
- Crime Journalists.
- Crime Reporters.
- Psychologists and Counsellors.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of criminology and profiling.
- Understand the classification of crimes and different types of crime, such as violent crimes, assault, murder, etc.
- Understand the basics of crime scenes and dealing with crimes.
- Understand criminal psychology and the motives behind crimes.
- Learn about forensic science and the phases of profiling.
- Explore the criminal and offender profiling science and logic.
- Understand the victimology and criminal justice system in England and Wales.
At the end of the course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the course. Answers are marked instantly and automatically, allowing you to know straight away whether you have passed. If you haven’t, there’s no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the course itself.
1: Introduction to Criminology and Profiling
2: Classification of Crime
3: Violent Crimes
4: The Crime Scene
5: Dealing with Crime
6: Understanding Criminal Psychology
7: Forensic Science
8: Phases of Profiling
9: Criminal Profiling: Science, Logic and Metacognition
10: Offender Profiling: Pragmatic Solution and Behavioural Investigative Advice
12: The Criminal Justice System in England and Wales