- 1 YEAR
- LEVEL 3
- COURSE CERTIFICATE
- 4 HOURS, 47 MINUTES
The Depression Counselling Diploma is a comprehensive training program specifically designed to equip individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to become effective depression counsellors. This course provides both theoretical and practical insights, including an understanding of how depression impacts the brain.
With as many as 1 in 4 people experiencing a mental health illness in the UK each year, depression stands as the most prevalent mental health issue worldwide. Throughout this Depression Counselling Training Course, you will gain expertise in counselling individuals dealing with depression and anxiety, covering a range of topics from bipolar disorder to bereavement. The course also offers step-by-step guidance on conducting both individual and group therapy sessions.
You will develop the ability to recognize the signs of depression, understand the medications used to treat various forms of depression, and explore different types of complementary alternative therapies that can aid in overcoming depression. Furthermore, this Depression Counselling Course provides essential statistical information on medication usage in the UK and offers an overview of the concept of neurogenesis.
- Instant e-certificate
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone-friendly
- 24/7 Learning Assistance
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Sneak Peek of Depression Counselling Training Course
Who Should Take The Depression Counselling Course
This Depression Counselling Course is ideal for those interested in starting a career in this field, which includes the following roles:
- Depression Counsellor
- Clinical Psychotherapist
- Bereavement Counsellor
- CBT Therapist
Learning Outcomes of Depression Counselling Diploma Course
By the end of the Depression Counselling Training Course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the common signs of depression, anxiety and stress
- Demonstrate knowledge of how depression affects the brain
- Understand the environmental and health factors that can cause depression
- List the types of depression, understanding their causes, impact & symptoms
- Express awareness of how depression and creativity are closely linked
- Understand the different types of medication used to treat depression
- Implement a person-centred approach in counselling and maintain a positive therapeutic relationship
- Conduct individual, group, family and couple therapy sessions
At the end of the Depression Counselling Training Course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the course. Answers are marked instantly and automatically, allowing you to know straight away whether you have passed. If you haven’t, there’s no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the course itself.
02: What Causes Depression?
03: Different Types of Depression
04: Different Types of Medicine
05: Complementary Alternative Therapies
06: Counselling Approaches to Depression